Care Packages: Every college student's best friend. It's funny how easily something like a care package can brighten up even the worst days. My mama has always told me that I live too close to home to ever get a care package, so her best friend has always sent me packages around holidays. They have always been filled with goodies, Tweety Bird stuff, cute socks, and my favorite snacks. But, Mama recently hopped on board with the whole care package thing, and it has become a hit with my friends! It all started on Easter, when I got an Easter basket, but she had also surprised me with baskets for my big, my little, my boyfriend, and my best friend. Each one had homemade candy (especially peanut butter eggs!), gum, and other prizes, including Star Wars kites! They were a hit. Everyone who didn't make the list of Easter Basket recipients was so jealous, and Mama was inspired to begin working on Exam Week care packages. Not only did I get one, but so did 9 others! Lisa, Michael, Sarah, Ben, Alex, Andrew, Cadie, Jake, and Chris were the lucky nine that got to feel "Mama Trail's" love through the cutest little packages. These packages all have candy, homemade goodies, water, Starbucks Frappucinos, popcorn, and pinwheels. My mama is always thinking about others, and inspires me on a daily basis to do the same.
Recently we were on a sisterhood retreat at the beach when my big told everyone that she wanted to be like my mother. At first I was a little surprised, because it has always been my goal to be like Mama, but it was exciting to see how much other people love her, too. Mama has that "Southern Hospitality" in everything that she does, and is always taking care of people. It's so cute to see her get excited when friends come to visit. So today, my little wonder is my mama, and her care packages. I don't even know if she is going to read this, but I hope she knows how much I appreciate her and everything that she does for me, and all of my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment