Saturday. Can you believe it? Tomorrow I head back to boring ol' VA after several great days in the M-I-A.
I cannot believe the fun I've had since arriving here: there have been many moments of laughter as we have celebrated our beloved sisterhood. As I sit here in the lobby, listening to Latin music and watching older men try to hit on all of my sisters, I think about the memories that I have been instilled with since Wednesday. I love Alpha Phi with all of my heart, and am looking forward to a lifetime of sisterhood with these amazing women.
This morning began with Convention Assembled, and my favorite part of all of that was the report of the Courtesy Committee, who pretty much made fun of all of the awkward moments of our Convention. After that, we had a very sad ceremony to remember all of our departed sisters. Then, there was lunch, where we honored sisters who have made great accomplishments in life. I want to be like that someday. There were afternoon meetings and then awards, but then, we had our big Candlelight Dinner, where everyone got all dolled up for a fancy dinner. It was so much fun. \
But, my Little Wonder of the day would have to be aspiring to be one of the many accomplished Alpha Phi's that comes back to Convention 2012 in Phoenix. I want to go SO BADLY! So, here's to wishful thinking for the future.
I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment