Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 73: July 1, 2010

Woke up this morning feeling kind of weird: today was the last day of Setting Sail. That program that had taken over my life for the last few months? All of a sudden-done. I couldn't believe it! 

The morning program went off without a hitch and then it was noon: everyone was checking out, and all of a sudden it was just our staff on campus. The halls of York were quiet, and there were no more sessions in Ferguson. It's almost bizarre how quickly time has flown by.

But, at the end of the day, we surprised our CLs yet again with a pool party at Maury's. Don't know who Maury is-you're missing out! He's only the reason I came to CNU. But, he and his wife Mary had us all over for food, games, and of course, swimming! Little did we know, however, that there were presents out the wazoo for all of us! Beth, Katie, and Jen (our wonderful pro-staff) ordered us all t-shirts that have DOORBELLS on the front of them. That's right: doorbells. It's kind of a big deal. In addition, Chris, Rachel, and I got collages of all of the pictures from different sessions, and little rubber duckies for us to use as telephones. I was blown away by all of the love happening around that pool. Hugs galore and lots of jumping pictures? Definitely worth all of it. Not long ago I decided that going into Higher Education was what I wanted to do with the rest of my life, and with my family's support I was somewhat convinced. After this job, it is without a doubt that I can proudly say that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life, and I couldn't be more excited. So, today's Wonder is a feeling of accomplishment, and finally being 100% convinced that I'm going places.

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment