What a day we had here. With what started as a rather late morning, I woke up to find Butch sitting at the kitchen table, drinking coffee, reading the paper. I haven't seen her in YEARS! She's been helping my Grandmother around the house for as long as I can remember, and it was a blessing indeed to wake up to her smiling face.
Tori and I had breakfast and read all morning. I love reading. I just finished Water for Elephants, and now I'm on to The Glass Castle. It is so refreshing to read for fun. That is my Wonder today: reading. I love it so much. Then, the girls went out to lunch at KC's, and we were off to get our nails done! The little kids at the salon were absolutely adorable: at 7 years old, he already knows how to go next door to the Chinese restaurant and order lo mein. Smart kid.
Then we went home to enjoy a nice nap and getting all dolled up for the fundraiser. Dinner was promptly at 5:30 at The Tides Inn, with Phillip and David playing background music. Of course, they put their parents and friends at the farthest end of the restaurant. Needless to say, we still managed to enjoy ourselves, and the boys joined us for dinner when the restaurant's pianist stepped in. After a nice dinner, we enjoyed the concert, and it was the end to a great day. Now I am absolutely exhausted, and tomorrow is the wedding! I am so excited. :)
I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment