Oh Kilmarnock. How I love you.
So, Part 2 of Friday's post includes lunch at Lee's, obviously, where else would we go? Walking in to Lee's I was questioned "Are you meeting Grandma or Grandaddy for lunch?" It's really great to have familiar faces there. We had lunch, and chocolate pie (split for 2), and then I headed off to Clifton. It was really great to get to spend time with my grandparents: after I had lunch with Grandma, Pop came over to the house and we just talked, about everything. He then went back to work and it was time for my girls to arrive! We had a great Friday night with the house all to ourselves.
So, Saturday morning began with a big pot of coffee, and we were down to business, figuring out how we wanted the semester to go, and who was going to take care of what. Then, there was lunch at Lee's, again, obviously! Then we had a lazy afternoon, and dinner at the Ditchley house with my grandparents! Oh my gosh it was amazing to show Fagel and Katie my life, my family, my everything. They saw embarrassing pictures of me, and we took pictures out on the dock, and it was splendid. We headed home to Clifton and called it a day.
This morning I woke up and went to church, which is less than 1 mile from Clifton. We had the pleasure of seeing Aunt June and Aunt Carolyn, who always provides for entertainment. After church Katie and Fagel headed out, and I wasn't too far behind them. After stopping by Ditchley to say my goodbyes, I was off! Upon arrival in Chesapeake, everyone was asleep! So, the Wonder of Sunday was taking a nap after a wonderful weekend with wonderful sisters.
No comments:
Post a Comment