Dear Men Everywhere,
When you become a grandfather, please, please, please be just like mine.
I woke up this morning to a grandfather who was itching to know what Tori and I wanted to do today. Usually by the time we wake up he is off working on a project either in the yard or at the other house, but today was different. Instead of working, he wanted to spend the day with the two of us, and we were given 3 options:
1. Go out on the boat to Reedville and see what kind of trouble we could get into. (It was far too windy.)
2. Go see the Graham boys play a pre-concert concert. (We're going to spend all night Friday with them.)
3. Go shopping in Williamsburg at the outlets. (DING DING DING!)
Yes, that is right. My grandfather, MY GRANDFATHER wanted to take us shopping. We got ready real quick when we knew there were clothes involved, and we were off. We were told to get what we wanted, and he would be the judge. Oh my gosh it was so much fun! He made a friend with another father who was guilted into shopping, and we all had a grand ole' time trying on everything!
Needless to say, I now have the greatest wardrobe in the entire world, and everyone should be jealous of how awesome my clothes are. Also, if it means saving an extra 20%, it is so worth opening a credit card account with every store, but for the amount of time it takes to open that card, we should get an extra 50% off. My grandfather is the greatest, and I will never forget this day that Tori and I got to spend with him, all to ourselves!
After we got back, we had a really nice dinner at the Country Club, and then went for a visit with Uncle Joe and Aunt Lisa, who couldn't believe that Pop took us shopping. This is the life. :)
I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment