Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 92: July 20, 2010

Hack Money + D Trail = Love.

A little less than three years ago I began my freshman year at CNU, and immediately got involved in Class Council. For what seemed to be a good idea, I didn't really get much out of my involvement in that particular organization, except for one very special person. Freshman year I met Erica, the then-Junior Class VP. Little did I know that this girl would one day become one of my closest friends. She kept asking if I was interested in sorority recruitment, to which I always responded "Oh heck no!"

But she never gave up. Sophomore year I was given a bid, and in the middle of the fall semester I was initiated into Alpha Phi by Erica, the president. I took a back seat in Alpha Phi, figuring that this would be my opportunity to just be a "normal" sorority girl-living the average life. She challenged me to make a deeper connection with Alpha Phi, and for that I could not be more grateful. As I sit here today, the current president of our beloved Theta Phi Chapter, I have so much to thank Erica for, but mostly for inspiring me to be a better person.

So, if you could probably guess: Today's Little Wonder was my coffee date with Erica this evening. Conveniently she is also a Va Beach girl, and we met at the Starbucks that is halfway between our houses. Also, conveniently, I found out that Joe works at this particular Starbucks, so I would like to thank him for my discount! Erica and I just sat and talked for 2 hours! We talked about her new big girl job, school, families, and of course, Alpha Phi. I am inspired with every conversation I have with this girl, and I hope she knows that she's the greatest mentor I could ever ask for. So, here's a big "thank you" to Erica: Thank you for giving me your love of Alpha Phi, and of life in general.

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment