Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 90: July 18, 2010

OH MY GOSH WHAT A DAY! I feel like there is so much to write about! (And that's a good thing!)

So, today we have 3 Wonders...

First and foremost, happy anniversary to two of the greatest people in the entire world (MY PARENTS!). I am so blessed to be your daughter and could not have imagined a better life with two greater people.

Next, I have some exciting news. This morning we went to church, sat in our usual seats, and all was normal until I saw this little boy get up and walk around the back of the church. I squealed when I saw him and looked around anxiously to see if the rest of his family was nearby. Sure enough, there in the front row was Mrs. Fuller and Anna. During the Sign of Peace I darted for them, and the hugs I got are some that I will never forget. Anna then sat with us for the rest of the morning, and Max quickly joined. It was so great to have these two little ones back in my arms-years ago I babysat them several nights a week when they were just tiny youngsters! Now they're all grown up-Anna is 9 and Max is 7! I cannot believe how grown up they've become! Mrs. Fuller informed me that they are happily moving back down here because her husband was restationed to the area. I am so happy that they are back, words cannot even express it.

And then, my third Wonder-a "family" reunion, of sorts. So I have my real family, and my church family, and my Alpha Phi family, and then there are my friends, who are sort of like a family of their own-especially Nathan. He has been one of my best friends for two years now, ever since we started working for ResLife together. We met at the Wal-Mart and rode together up to Williamsburg to see Bryan's show, and oh what a show! Shakespeare couldn't have been more proud to see "As You Like It" himself!  It was so great! And then, after the show we went out to dinner, just the two of us, the Banana-Gewecke reunion was in full force, with him laughing at me and my obsession with AP, and my judging of the fanny pack. We told stories of our summers, and it was so nice to be back together with my best friend, even if it was only for an afternoon.

Now I'm at home, with a week here before I head back to Kilmarnock for a few days. I am so grateful for this amazing day, with 3 WONDERS!

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment