Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 50: June 8, 2010

50 DAYS?!?! I can't believe it. For 50 days now, I have successfully brightened up my own life with this little blog, and goodness knows all of my avid readers' lives as well! Haha I doubt I actually have any readers, but it still makes me smile to imagine that someone other than my mother reads this thing. 

Today was one of those days where I honestly wanted to jump off a cliff: I've been talking to cranky parents all day now for two days, and my respect and appreciation for Beth has shot through the roof. In addition, I feel like my personal life is falling apart and I've had 2 relapses within the last 3 days. My anxiety and depression have been eating me alive. BUT-today was the East Campus RA program. Being that I am an "honorary" member of that staff, I felt it was necessary to join in the festivities. The whole theme was going green: the food was organic, there were games and raffles, and most importantly: CRAFTING. Anyone who knows me knows I love to craft and create little things to decorate my apartment. However, anyone who knows me also knows that I go through phases of favorite colors...

I started with tie-dye, a classic here at CNU. My shirt was cute, and it was definitely obvious that I liked blue. Then came time for painting your own flower pot. I love paint. Seriously, if I could, I would put acrylic paint on everything I owned. So, my little flower pot, as you can see on the right, is my current phase of color-addiction: Yellow and Blue. However, as you can also see from my fishbowl with Sophia on the left, my previous color-phase was pink and green. So here is to bright colors, and crafting, and 50 days of Life's Little Wonders. 

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment