Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 67: June 25, 2010


Home. I love being home. Whether it's for a few hours or like this particular trip, a few days, there are several experiences that are consistent about any adventure back home. First and foremost, the puppies are waiting ever-so-patiently once I get home to simply tackle me and lick my face. Second, there is always multiple loads of laundry. Third, there is always a trip to El Loro. Fourth, there are always visits with little Lukas.

This trip is no different. I arrived at home to Casey (above) and Ginger licking my face and jumping all over me. I haven't done any laundry yet, but that will happen tomorrow! We also went to El Loro for dinner tonight, and I will be spending some of the day tomorrow with my little Lukas.

But, one of the things that made this particular trip special was our girl's night: just Momma and her girls. We started off with dinner at El Loro: classic. Oh my gosh I love that place. Then we had dessert at Skinny Dip: SO GOOD. Afterwards, we headed towards the Sandler Center in downtown VB for Brittany's dance recital. It was INCREDIBLE! It's hard to believe she's graduated high school and headed off to the Big Apple in the fall! Guest performers/visitors at the recital included Travis AND Danny, and needless to say, I was ecstatic to see them both there. Our very own little VB stars, it's so cool.

So, today's Little Wonder is simply being home, and all of the glorious experiences that come with it.

I am so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment