Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 65: June 23, 2010

Today was one of those days that literally took everything out of me. I woke up hours before my usual time for a day of Setting Sail madness. I get to the lobby to meet up with everyone, simply to find out that my job for the day was changed: one of our CLs was sick, so I got to step in! Sweet 16 was a great experience, even though many of them were just too tired to do anything. I made the most of it. 

By 1, he was feeling better and I was back to my job. I did the paperwork and all that jazz, and then it was time for the show! At the end of the night I was approached by a parent in the Concert Hall lobby by a parent who had something she needed to show me. She seemed worried, so I went into "serious face" mode. She pulled out her cell phone to explain that her daughter had texted her during the show, and I was still concerned. It wasn't until I saw the message that I truly understood how powerful what we're doing really is. The message? 

"I. Love. CNU." 

It was a crazy moment that totally rocked my world. So, my Little Wonder of the day is the impact we're making, and the lives we are brightening through this program. I'm so excited for the fall to get here so I can welcome the Class of 2014 to campus for real. 

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment