Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 61: June 19, 2010

So, even though tomorrow is Father's Day, my Wonder of today is a phone call. We got a break this afternoon that allowed us all time to relax, it was so nice and peaceful. As my break was coming to an end, I was texting my sister when all of a sudden my phone starts ringing. Being the classic white girl, my ring tone is "Soul Sister" by Train. Usually I'll wait a couple seconds before I answer, that way I can sing along. But--this phone call was important, my screen started flashing "Sir Chief Powhatan." It was my dad. Yes, my dad is in my phone by his nickname.

But, my dad called me to wish me a "Happy Father's Day." Silly Daddy. You're one day early! He was worried I would forget...how could I forget my daddy!!! But nonetheless, his phone call this afternoon did make me smile, and any time I talk to my Powhatan my day gets so much brighter. I'm so blessed to have such a great Daddy. Happy Father's Day! I love you. Thanks for being such a great father, even though you had to put up with a lot of estrogen.

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment