Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 66; June 24, 2010

Today may have been one of the most difficult days of my entire life. There was lots of confusion and frustration and anger, not to mention I've been going on minimum sleep and working way too much. 

After the drama concluded, we had decided that as a staff we were going to do something to celebrate Kevin's birthday. Granted, when you're trying to plan an event for over 20 people, even more drama plays into this. Many ideas were thrown out: everything from laser tag to cosmic bowling to the movies. Kevin was unsure of all of these things, claiming to be "indecisive." (Gee, I don't know anything about not being able to make up my mind...) But, all of a sudden he stood up in front of everyone and just said "ghost tour." Chris, naturally, went ballistic. We knew immediately that this was what we wanted to do. We took a shower/nap/relax break and then we met up for the evening's festivities.

We got dinner at the mall, most people ate Chipotle. Not caring for Chipotle, a couple of us went off to the food court and grabbed some food. Then we were off to Williamsburg. I love ghost tours. SO MUCH! Our guide was an older guy impersonating John Rollins. He was hysterical. Apparently I need to learn how to cook in order to be betrothed. Who would've guessed that I would have failed even back in 1775? Although there weren't very many scary stories...actually, I wasn't spooked at all, but we still managed to have a blast. I love being surrounded by such great people, especially in such tough situations. 

So, today's Little Wonder was our adventure with the "ghosts" of Williamsburg. Here's to a night I'll never forget.

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment