Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 52: June 10, 2010

Wingapo, Father. 

Today was one of those days where I was unusually spoiled. I mean, people are most likely just feeling bad because of the breakup, but still, I could not be more blessed. Seriously, the people in my life are incredible. It all started this morning, when we were shopping at Costco in preparation for the arrival of our Crew Leaders. I rode with Eddie, my boss Beth's husband. (Beth is the one who inspired me to start the blog!) Eddie and I just talked, and it was so nice to hear a perspective on my future in higher ed other than the ones I've already heard. He had great advice. As we were leaving Costco, he looked at Buffalo Wild Wings across the street and commented on how it was Boneless Thursday. I informed him, ever-so-smoothly, might I add, of my love of Parmesan Garlic Boneless Wings. Next thing I knew, we were all enjoying a nice lunch. Eddie and Beth are the greatest, I'm so blessed.

But then, the Wonder of all Wonders! Daddy came to visit. It's his natural instinct to drive up to Newport News whenever I'm upset about something. He said all the right things, took me out to Moe's, and we just talked. It's nice to have him to myself, sometimes. I told him about what happened. We then started talking about living situations, and I explained to him how I, like many college students, am just frustrated by the fact that I'm constantly moving: I don't feel like I have a home. It doesn't really help that now things at home are all turned around, and my stuff resides in the garage, and I usually wind up sleeping on the couch or in someone else's bed. But, Daddy, in all of his Daddy-ness, just looked at me, and said, "No matter what happens, know that your home is with me. You're my Tweety Bird." That was all I needed to hear.

Also, another Wonder is that he brought the Harley! Usually I despise the thing, because I worry about him on it, but sometimes it is nice to have the wind blowing in your face and just go. I really loved my evening with my Powhatan. 

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment