Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 13: May 2, 2010


Today was filled with many ups and downs, many frustrations, but many laughs as well, many hugs, and many tears. Today we closed down the building, meaning the school year is officially over. I stayed up until 4 am last night closing rooms on my floor, and man am I feeling it now. After hours of frustration, I got to escape for a bit, and enjoyed a nice lunch with my Michael. Needless to say there were lots of laughs, but then it was back to work, and the building was completely closed and I was on the road at 4:15.

I got home and it has been the greatest few hours of the last few weeks. It is so peaceful, just eating homemade lasagna and spending time with Mama and Tori. Becca has been at Janice's for most of the afternoon so I didn't get to see her until later. After dinner I played the piano (yes, for those of you who don't know-I've been playing for over 12 years now!) and just relaxed. It is so nice to not have a to do list longer than the current population of China.
But tonight, after all was said and done, Tori and I sat down and watched one of my favorite movies of all time: The Blind Side. Granted, I usually cry like a baby when I even just think about this movie, but tonight was spent comparing Leigh Anne to my mother. They're both sassy, they both shop a lot, they're both great support systems, and they're both very opinionated. I love having a movie character I can point to and say "that's my mama." Also, I picked a photo from one of my favorite scenes where she's reading Ferdinand to the boys. It reminded me so much of when Mama used to read "Where the Wild Things Are" or "I'll Love You Forever" to us, and Tori and I would just listen for hours trying to postpone bedtime. So, today's little wonder is bedtime stories. Everyone should have them; it's a great way to relax before you fall asleep. Now I just need to find someone that will read me bedtime stories when I'm at school... haha!
Sorry I didn't take this picture, but what can I say, I'm EXHAUSTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment