Well, today was fun. It was about 12:30 this afternoon and I was with Chris and Rachel in the office (they are my better half for real, working with them is incredible). Rachel began eating her leftover food from Cheeseburger in Paradise. I mumbled something about going to get the sandwich I had made for lunch, and Chris said "I could really use a good lunch at Plaza." Immediately, me and my adoration of Mexican food forgot the sandwich. We were off-Plaza didn't know what hit them. Of course, I spent most of the lunch in shock about some news I had heard earlier in the morning, but Chris and I talked it through, and shared our opinions on the future of a lot of things. It was really great to get away with one of my best friends for a quick lunch break. (We were going to make it a long lunch, but Plaza is SO QUICK!)
But then, I got another date this evening when Michael and I went off for ice cream, and then watched Ocean's 12. I had never seen the Ocean's movies, and we started with 11 on Sunday. I may or may not be obsessed with them, and tomorrow when I venture off to help paint the "Bromansion" we may have to continue. However, as cute as the ice cream and a movie date was, my favorite part was going back to Michael's apartment and finding my little presents for him sitting next to his bed. (He must be waiting until he officially moves to take them over there, or at least that's what I keep telling myself!) Last week, he went to NYC with his friends from high school, and I was tremendously jealous. One of the days of his trip was spent at the Bronx Zoo, and I was bombarded with text messages about the cute animals, especially the cute baby lions. I asked if he was still considering a pet, but he doesn't want one until he finishes college-a dog in a house with 4 boys is probably not the best idea. So, instead, I got him his baby lion from Target in the toddler toys section. I figured it would be a good "Welcome Home" gift. When I realized that wasn't enough, I bought a navy blue picture frame that matches his comforter and put a picture of us from formal this past year there. Needless to say, when I found these gifts sitting on the desk, I was ecstatic.
So, today's wonders include two little adventures and some really cute gifts. I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment