Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 31: May 20, 2010

Today started off like any normal day: get to work at 9, do lots of running around, the usual. Then, I got a phone call from Chrissy, which I almost thought was weird, I hadn't heard from her in a very long time. She was calling to see if I could go to the beach, but I had to work (lame), but we made plans to hang out after work. She picked me up and we were off! First we hit up BDubs, only our favorite. We sat and talked and life was good. Our food was delicious, seriously, Parmesan Garlic wings should be one of the major food groups. But it was nice to talk about the past year, and all that we had missed in each other's lives. We became friends freshman year and lived together sophomore year, then this past year she moved off campus as I got an RA job. 

It's almost funny how we always said that living apart would make us closer, yet we never hung out, but needless to say, we decided to make up for it this summer. Just being with her reminded me of all of the fun times freshman and sophomore year: whether it was Easter at my house with the "Haha" game or playing on the trampoline for hours, or the trip home with Cate where we vegged on the sofa for 3 days straight. Maybe even the hockey games where she yelled louder than any of the guys. So many great memories with this one.

So, my darling, thank you for spending the evening with me. Thank you for always loving me, even when it wasn't the easiest thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment