Meet Timmy. Meet Chief Powhatan. Meet Sir. Meet my dad.

Most girls can say their dad is their hero, but mine really is. He's been my hero since the day I was born, even though apparently I cried the minute I saw him. Ever since that minute, we've had quite a special "Tweety-Timmy" love. When I was little there was quite a turn of dramatic events in my life, and it was Timmy to the rescue, doing everything in his power to protect me. For that I am grateful. His love for all of his girls is incredible: he does everything he can to take care of us.
For example: this morning I woke up to the sound of loud wood floors, (it was 10:30 a.m., mind you, so I was loving the fact that I got to sleep in that late!) and I turn over in my bed to see my dad. My 6'4'', Cherokee Indian, Virginia Beach Firefighter of the Year father, that almost looks intimidating like Powhatan when he stands. I smiled as he bent over to hug me and kiss me on the forehead, just like he used to do when I was little. He is so excited to have me home, even if it's only for a few days.
He also has a great sense of humor. Whether it's saying "Wingapo, daughter," when we talk on the phone, or laughing with me at silly Jared Allen videos on YouTube, or telling funny prank stories of his earlier days at the firehouse, there's always a smile on his face. Also, his laugh is comparable to Ben Engebretson's, so for those of you who know Ben, just imagine the two of them together...haha!
But today's little wonder is the good morning hug from daddy, that started off a great day of just the two of us. (Isn't it silly how yesterday was bedtime stories and now it's good-morning hugs?)
No comments:
Post a Comment