Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 35: May 24, 2010

So this afternoon I was bored and sitting around my apartment when Cadie asked what I was doing for dinner. Of course with my lack of any desire to cook, I was immediately interested in whatever she had planned. When she mentioned Velveeta Mac and Cheese, there was no resisting. I asked if I could bring over my superfluous amounts of laundry and we had a date. It was simple: I started sorting by color, and she started boiling the water. After I put my first load in the washing machine I noticed her MacBook sitting out on the coffee table. Cadie was still busy in the kitchen, and I began to have some fun. Originally I planned on leaving these pictures up here for her to find years from now, but they were too funny to just let go unnoticed for some time. After I finished my galavanting around the world (notice Yosemite is below, see Facebook for more), Cadie had finished cooking. Convenient, right? In my opinion, macaroni and cheese should be one of the main food groups. It was delicious and simple, and along with a salad and some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, it was quite a dinner. We turned on Gilmore Girls (the greatest show ever) and I sat on the floor next to Cadie, similar to the way Tori and I would sit on the floor eating dinner and watching TV when we were little. (We used to trick babysitters into letting us have TV dinners because Mamma never did.) Needless to say, what started out as a pointless Monday afternoon with nothing to look forward to other than milkshakes with Michael later this evening turned into a fun evening with my best friend, both simple and entertaining. Also, I would like to thank her for letting me borrow her Jane Austen collection: to be blogged about later. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment