Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 26: May 25, 2010

Wow. I am absolutely exhausted. This morning I worked the honors ceremony, which was a really great event to honor faculty and students who have achieved so much. Then, in true college fashion, I took a nice, long nap. Then came the Candlelight Ceremony. This is a traditional ceremony the night before commencement, and it was bittersweet because I have so many friends that are graduating. However, my little wonder of the day is the theme of the President's Reception afterward: "Oh, The Places You'll Go," the Dr. Seuss book!

This was one of my favorite books growing up: Mama and Daddy loved reading it to us. It was a theme at our high school graduation, and I themed my floor last year after it. It is an excellent story with a great theme: you can accomplish ANYTHING. So thanks to Amie Graham, the university's event planner, for picking such a great event theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment