So, today was filled with many little wonders. Well, 3 in particular. Unfortunately, I only have pictures from two of them.
First: After spending the night at the Sullivan house and playing mommy to my little munchkins, I was wiped. I came home and fell asleep on the couch, only to wake up to Mama saying "I'm hungry. Let's go to El Loro." For those of you who don't know, Mexican food is my one true love. Especially El Loro, the cheap little mom-and-pop shop near our house. On the 3-minute car ride there, Mama explained that she wanted time for just the two of us while I was home, and I appreciate that more than she knows. We sat and talked, ate our chips and white sauce, well, my white sauce. She got guacamoli. Then I got my number 24 (yes, I've been ordering the same thing from this restaurant for years), she got her taco salad, and life was good.
Second: Today was Jasper's birthday party! Jasper is the light of my life, and I cannot believe he is already 15! Oh my goodness I'm feeling so old. We celebrated at Paradocks with the Darwin family and some other close friends, and it was so much fun! He was so well behaved and I couldn't be more proud of how well he is doing. So, here's to Jasper, to 15 great years, and to another healthy year with my baby boy. I love you so much.
Third: After the birthday party, I was given the opportunity to play the piano for Becca's orchestra concert. It was so fun and the kids were so cute! Becca's teacher kept telling me that she's very upset that Becca does not want to continue with strings, because she is SO talented. (She must get that from her big sister, haha!) So my last wonder, is my new "gig" as an accompanist for River/Greenbrier! It was so much fun, until I realized that 10 years ago on this very night, I had my first orchestra concert, in the same "gymnatorium" (yes, that's a gym/auditorium in one), with my parents cheering me on, just like we got to do for Becca tonight. Also, a cute little side story: Becca's best friend Janice played the violin tonight, and was seated in the back. When her mom asked her if she had a problem with sitting in the back, she replied "No, I have a better view of Deanna from here." That made my night.
No comments:
Post a Comment