Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 22: May 11, 2010

So, today was spent unpacking clothes. All day. But, this evening was spent with friends again, but this time we went out to Schooner's. Cadie and I had talked about going with Nathan, and next thing I knew there were 8 of us! It was so fun to just be with friends. Conveniently, Cadie and I were the only non-21-year-olds, so we just hung out and enjoyed the entertaining conversation.

On the other side of the bar was a bachelorette party for a girl from school. I've never met her, but I saw her in several plays, and she works at the library (where I spend a good majority of my time), so I almost feel like I know her. I know her fiance though, he's a great guy, and their wedding is going to be the first one in the new Arts Garden, so she's pretty special. Anyways, her friends gave her several "tasks" to accomplish throughout the course of the evening, and one of them was to get someone to propose to her using a ring pop. She walked over to our little corner in the back and headed for Nathan, until she realized that she knew PJ, and he was so funny. He immediately got down on one knee and popped the question; it was so cute!

So today's little wonder was the hanging out at Schooner's with my gang. This is shaping up to be an amazing summer in Newport News.

No comments:

Post a Comment