Let me start today's blog by stating that this was going to be added onto yesterday's, but I wanted this one to have it's own day because it is simply that special to me. I am an RA during the school year, and this past year I worked with freshmen on a very unique staff. We worked well together (for the most part) and my floor was just crazy. I loved them, really I did, but some of the things they did made me go a little insane. Luckily I had the backing of an incredible group of people along the way, especially Cadie, Nathan, and Thomas. Our relationship as a group continues to grow, and we all have this brilliant plan to live in Savannah together someday (being a Georgia Peach myself, I don't mind one bit, I'm sure all of my family would love to have me closer!).
My staff saw me at my best and my worst moments. They were there to pat me on the back, but also there providing a shoulder for me to cry on. In addition, they have experienced my noises. Anyone who doesn't really know me usually judges me for the funny things that come out of my mouth; I don't know why I make funny noises, it is just a natural instinct. Daddy calls it the "soundtrack of my life." For example: when I get really excited about something-I squeal, when I'm upset there is usually a moan, when I'm in intense competition (say, ping pong or foosball) it is a grunt, and when I lose at something it is a long, drawn out groan. I have yet to really pinpoint why I make these noises, but it has always provided ample entertainment for those around me, especially my staff.
During Finals Week, Thomas sent out an email with nominations for staff superlatives, and yesterday we all got our certificates. Needless to say, I am the Most Likely to Implode, thanks to crazy residents and crazy noises. So this, this little certificate is my wonder of the day, I haven't stopped giggling about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment