Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 21: May 10, 2010

What a day. Not only did I go into work, but I completely moved out of my old room, and completely moved into my new apartment for the summer. (Special thanks to Mama and Daddy for all of their help--they're the best!) After all was said and done, my junk was in my room, and Mama and Daddy had headed home. Cadie and I had planned on doing something for dinner tonight, but I never expected it to be as great as it was. Instead of going out, we decided to save money and cook, and Nathan joined us in this little adventure.

Anyone who actually reads this probably knows that I have little desire to cook at all. I grew up in a family full of amazing chefs so there was never really any need for me to join them in the kitchen. I usually walked in about the time there were dishes that needed cleaning. So, this resulted in Nathan and Cadie cooking in my new kitchen, and we had quite a fantastic spaghetti dinner, with salad and bread. This dinner, might I add, was cooked with very few and small pots and pans (I'll only be cooking for 1 this summer) and was eaten on paper plates. It's amazing how cheap but wonderful it was. Nathan brought the monetary supply for food and childish remarks, Cadie brought the domestic qualities and tender-heart, and I provided the kitchen and "witty" remarks, as Nathan called them.

Conversation started about the past year (we were all on the same RA staff) and all of its ups and downs. Then we drifted towards love interests, then we wound up talking about Betty White on SNL (One of my favorites!). Somehow or another we wound up making mustaches on our fingers so we could put them in front of our face. Next thing I know, we're having a marker fight (and this is just Nathan and I, Cadie winds up taking on the motherly role at times like these...).

It may seem simple, but what started out as a cheap dinner turned out to be a 3-hour visit. These are the nights and experiences I live for.

(PIC TO COME SOON!)

No comments:

Post a Comment