Dinnertime. One of the most important times of the day at the Trail house. We're a traditional family when it comes to dinner: we don't eat in front of the TV, but rather at the kitchen table, together. I love going to friends' houses and eating dinner in front of the TV or separated from the rest of the family, but at my house, dinner is a special time of the day where we all get together, eat good home-cooked food, and just talk. Sometimes when Daddy is at the fire station, we don't eat together, but that makes it all the more special when we're all together for dinner.
Usually a dinner at the Trail house consists of Mama asking everyone how their day is, Daddy talking about Gramma, me (when I'm at home) talking about my friends/life at school, Tori talking about the latest drama at River, and Becca talking about her little babies that she plays with after school. In addition, any true Trail family dinner is not complete without a session of laughing at Daddy for no apparent reason, thanks to the hilarious Tori. Sometimes I think this may be the thing I miss most when I'm gone, dinnertime. It's so peaceful, just to be there with my family. Someday, when I start a family of my own, dinner will be a tradition that I carry on, and the laughter will ring through my house just as it does my parents' home.
So today's little wonder is the family tradition of dinnertime. A time to be together.
No comments:
Post a Comment