After a long day at work, Mamma came to Newport News and picked me up. We sat in lots of traffic, but by 5 pm we were home. I was home. As we pulled into the driveway I looked up to see the red front door open: a typical sight on beautiful days like today because we have a very nice screen door that lets all of the crisp wind flow through the house and out the back window towards the lake. However, I noticed two paws and the cutest little face perched against the screen door: my Casey Bear was waiting for me. When people first see Casey, they see a cute little fuzzy dog that is just looking for attention. As they bend down to pet her, they realize she is a loud, very protective dog, who doesn't really like very many people. It takes a lot of time for her to warm up to people. But I'll tell you what-that dog will do everything in her power to protect us. Whenever there is someone that so much as walks past our house, she is barking and telling them to get the heck out. Yes, it gets irritating after awhile, but I kind of love that about her. She genuinely wants to care for us. Yes, she also likes to jump the fence, and yes, she is terrified of Fridays (trash day), but that's what makes Casey my baby. My theory stems back to one of the first times she jumped the fence to go exploring throughout the neighborhood on a Friday, and she wound up almost getting hit by a trash truck. Ever since, she has wanted to get that truck back. That's my Casey.
But, the first 20 or so minutes I spent at home were spent on the floor of the living room just playing with my Casey. There was lots of cuddling, lots of licks (from Casey), and lots of running around in circles. It was the perfect welcome home. So thank you, Casey, even though you'll never be able to read this or comprehend what I'm thinking, thank you for loving me and giving me a warm welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment