A good haircut. Everyone needs one. Today's little wonder is the amazing haircut I got by none other than my best friend. Sarah and I go way back: so far back, in fact, that we were inseparable before we were even born. Our moms were college roommates, and both magically became pregnant at the same time. In August our families were graced with my presence, and one month and five days later, Sarah came into the picture. We've pretty much been attached at the hip since birth. Granted, we didn't get along very well until we were about ten; in fact, I remember hating her until we were about ten. We were both too independent, stubborn, and bossy. (If you need proof--we have home movies, particularly one that involved a goat from the petting zoo 7th birthday.)Even though we go to two different schools, are majoring in two different areas, and are different on just about every level, she's the one I turn to when I need advice. I love that even though we don't see each other as often as we should, when we're together we just pick up right where we left off. Nothing changed.
Sarah, always known as the "Belle of the Ball," has been doing my hair/makeup/nails for every major event in my life as long as I can remember. Every prom/ring dance/homecoming, you name it, she would arrive at my house at about noon, and we'd get right to work. Now she is working at a salon and is in an apprenticeship program, where she will begin cosmetology school soon! It has always been her dream to do something like this, and I have thoroughly enjoyed being her "guinea pig" over the years. So, today I went in to the salon (which is really ritzy, by the way!) looking like a bum, and came out looking like a million dollars. Thanks Sarahbelle, I'd be lost and bumming it without you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment