Today is a very important day: not only has it been 40 days of LLW, but it is also my best friend's birthday! Cadie came into my life a little less than a year ago when RA Training started last August. We didn't hit it off immediately, we kind of kept to our sides of the building and made other friends. However, towards the end of training, we began to get to know each other. I had asked our staff if anyone wanted to get breakfast the first day of classes, and Cadie agreed to join me. We got breakfast every day for the entire semester.
Immediately I knew that Cadie was the type of girl that would stick around forever: I wasn't going to let this girl go. I was excited when she told me she wanted to go through sorority recruitment, and me being the biased best friend, I had wanted her to join my beloved Alpha Phi. I was so upset that I cried when she didn't come to our later rounds of recruitment, but I was being a snob. She found a great home in Phi Mu, and I couldn't be happier for her.
Over the course of the year our friendship has developed to include two more in our little clique: Thomas, the big brother, and Nathan, my partner in crime. The four of us have decided that no matter where life takes us, we're going together. Mamma had always told me that I would meet lifelong friends in college, and I am so grateful that I did.
Cadie's birthday celebrations began with a picnic at Lion's Gate (my favorite place ever) with her family, and continued with cake at her apartment. Tonight we're going to celebrate at Bromansion with the whole gang and I could not be more excited. Enjoy these pictures of our nice view at lunch! Happy Birthday Cadie! (I love you.)
No comments:
Post a Comment