So, this morning I woke up to sunshine out my window. Naturally I assumed that meant that graduation was going to be outside. However, I got on my computer to find everyone complaining that graduation was moved inside due to weather. I was confused, so I checked out the weather report to find perfect weather. Still a little confused, I went out to the football field to find it about 4 inches deep in water. Suddenly I understood.
As part of the Commencement Staff, I made sure all of the graduates in several rows were present and accounted for, and sitting in the right seats. In addition, I got to serve as "security" with Eddie, which was a lot of fun. At the last minute, Amie Graham (our fabulous event planner) asked me to collect the name cards in the order that the graduates walked across the stage after the names had been read aloud. This way, the photographers would know who to mail the proofs to. I could not have been more excited: this little task turned out to be my wonder of the day. It put me in the perfect position to see all of my sisters and friends right before they walked across the stage. It was such an awesome experience, and I am grateful. I'm also ecstatic that in one year, I will be walking across that stage.
My all-time favorite part of the day was the beach ball and inflatable animals that appeared at the end of the ceremony. Officer Van Cleef and I enjoyed commenting on how cute it was, and I hope that next year we continue the tradition.

No comments:
Post a Comment